Friday, July 27, 2007

Forgiveness again...

God spoke to me through this sermon (in Cantonese) TODAY, I'll try to organise my thoughts and write more about it later...

It is so easy to think forgiveness comes automatically when you're a Christian, I think it is something one needs to struggle with and practise...

Here're some of my older posts on forgiveness, though this time it is a bit different. :) Read the whole posts or my comments on those here...

Forgiveness

Abrupt Awakening

"How to tell her in words, then, what he had learn himself by pain and grace? That only by forgiveness could she forget -- and that forgiveness was not a single act, but a matter of constant practice."

I told God I'm so angry, how can I forget and forgive? It's only through forgiving, one can forget...

"Forgiveness is an act of faith. By forgiving another, I am trusting that God is a better justice-maker than I am. By forgiving another, I release my own right to get even... Such a decision involves risk, of course: the risk that God may not deal with the person as I would want. (e.g. Prophet Jonah.)"

That's exactly what I want justice. And that's what I'm trying to release now...

No comments: