Thursday, July 12, 2007

Trinity

I still remember a few years ago, I had suggested a lecture on "why we believe in the Holy Trinity" in my own fellowship?

And the pastor we invited started the lecture with, "I don't understand why you need to learn about these." well... you know I did not get what I had expected from the lecture.

Last night, I had the same lecture, from the historical point of view, and it was great. The speaker managed to make this boring subject entertaining. Though I cannot honestly say I understand everything those philosophers argued about, but I think it's a pretty good start.

This is EXACTLY why I attended this church history class.

I think every Christian should learn church history. Not just the facts, but to know what others (even the those considered heretic to know more about what we believe in and WHY.)

No comments: