Monday, August 27, 2007

Tao Fong Shan and my first Labyrinth experience

We went to a retreat camp last weekend. I am sure many Christians in Hong Kong knew about this place-- Tao Fong Shan, I have been there several times before but I have never stayed there at night.

For those of you who didn't know, it's a place where they tried to merge Chinese culture with Christianity. For example, this church was built in a Chinese style.





And there's also a meditation room. Quite Catholic in style, I like it. With candles and Jesus was carved on the cross.



And a huge cross





And this is the "narrow path" leading to the "narrow gate"





The most special thing I tried this time is the labyrinth-- a tool for meditation. (For more info in Chinese from the Tao Fong website. This link from the Grace Cathedral got much more info tho!)



I realised during my walk through the labyrinth, one needs to walk away from the centre before one can get to the centre. We often pursue our goals singlemindedly, but the fact is we often need to let go and do whatever God wants instead of rushing to grab what we want. When I arrived at the centre, I realised it's so bare, I like the periphery more. =) All the more reason to let go and let God do whatever He wants with us.

Of course, all of us have different feelings after the meditation. You can try it here online!! I think physically walking is a much more interesting experience. :)

For more about the facilities, check this out.

No comments: