Sunday, November 18, 2007

Faith and Fear

Today is the first practice lesson with observation by someone from the Sunday School Department.

As for the comments I've got, some I already knew for quite some time (like I talk too fast, I actually look intimidating coz I seemed to know too much... sigh...), others I haven't noticed before, (like some of the conjunctions/phrases I like to use, are pretty distracting... like "I don't know".) Overall it's a valuable experience. And the reviewer is really nice and good person. I'm a proud person and have problem in accepting others opinion, thank God for placing her as my reviewer instead of another real haughty reviewer. =P I won't listen a word of what the other woman would have said if she was the reviewer.

However, there are something I really don't agree, like I need to sound sure when I'm talking about the Bible because I'm talking about FACTS! (Yeah, if only the Bible scholars can agree on what everything is about.) And as I was teaching the story of Jairus' daughter and the bleeding woman, I talked about their struggle of faith and fear. She said it's mostly about faith, they had already overcome their fear.

Why is it that we always need to make these people in the Bible the paragon of faith? Why can't they have doubts like us? Fear like us?? It is exactly this "I'm sure about this attitude" that drives people away from church. Even the greatest of church fathers and Mother Teresa had doubts at times, why can't this be discussed??

(Please click on the pics below to see the words, I'm sorry, my blog is just too narrow. It'll be worth your time, I promise.)







I don't think I'm boring people to tears... I think I'm talking about stuff too difficult and too deep and too fast for people to understand though... hmm...

As I was asking God to change me quickly, I shut myself up even before I said it, "yeah, like you're really soft and malleable." I'm really hard and stubborn, chisels may not even be able to change me... =P Bulldozer is more like it... sigh... Lord, change me... though I doubt this process will be quick...

No comments: