Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Are you crazy enough??

Jesus was considered crazy EVEN by his family. When I was explaining this part of Mark, I thought about what NT Wright said and what Littleho said in his blog, so I gave an example of what Jesus might say if He was here today. He might have told young people in our church to forget about studying, go to disco and karaoke to be with these other people in need of the Gospel?? Can you imagine just how their parents would react to that??? =P

I remembered when I was still in school, people often prayed for me, "God, please give her the wisdom to get good grades in exams so as to glorify Your name."

I wonder if God ever thinks in that way??? Christians getting good grades in exams= His name being glorified??? What is God thinking when He hears prayers like this... =P??

2 Corinthians 12
[7] And to keep me from being too elated by the abundance of revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to harass me, to keep me from being too elated.
[8] Three times I besought the Lord about this, that it should leave me;
[9] but he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." I will all the more gladly boast of my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
[10] For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities; for when I am weak, then I am strong.

No comments: