Saturday, August 11, 2007

1st Anniversary

Well, it's tomorrow, I started this spiritual journal one year ago when I was elected the chairperson of my fellowship and decided to keep a record of how God could pick me up from a low point through my experience of working for Him. And I did grow, both spiritually and personally.

I wrote this post today, instead of tomorrow, because the fellowship election was held today and I was re-elected as the chairperson again.

I have never taken any leave (i.e. not to be on the list of eligible candidates) from the committee, sometimes I wasn't elected, but I have never said I'm not going to participate in the election before.

My rationale is, if God thinks I'm not suitable for the work, I won't get elected.

Last year was the busiest year in terms of fellowship work. I worked as the officer responsible for the spiritual growth of the fellowship for 3 consecutive years before. It was busy, but NOT as busy as last year.

Honestly, I was silently hoping that God would reassign some of the less "heavy" tasks for me because I will be having my Part 2 exam next year, and I need to study a lot.

I think God has His own plans, and I trust that He will lead me through my work, my study for work, my evening classes at CGST, my work in the children's service, my Sunday school teaching class and my work in the fellowship.

However, it doesn't make next year any easier... no matter how I look at it... Let's see how God's grace get me through this. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am looking forward to seeing how God'as grace get you through the busy year =)

Anonymous said...

You have done a great job last year! May His Grace leads you through another hard yet fruitful year.

aMy said...

Bao & Pui, that's what I'm looking forward to. :)