Saturday, August 04, 2007

Not so perfect man

Joseph is NOT perfect! (I'm talking about the one from Genesis. I wrote this in response to what my friend posted about Joseph, and I found it can be posted here as well. haha! I've corrected a lot of typo though, haha!!)

No one in the Bible is ever perfect (with the exception of God and Jesus of course), that is why we should simply stopped taking role models from the Bible. The Bible is about God redeeming us DESPITE all our faults.

I remembered Dr. Moye agreeing with me when I talked about this during the Sunday school class two years ago.

His problems:
1. The way he took all the lands from the Egyptians for Pharaoh during the famine.
2. The way he managed to make EVERY one of his brothers hate him. You can imagine him telling his father all the mistakes of his brothers, was that all from good intentions? I doubt it. Even if you believe it was of good intention, it showed how foolish he was (in dealing with human relationships). When you see someone doing something wrong, the first thing to do is not to run off and tell your father/superior about it. UNLESS you want to make those people hate you.

No comments: