Saturday, August 12, 2006

Low Point

I have been in a trough for some time, spiritually speaking. It hasn't been this bad for a few years. Just immediately before my last spiritual revival, I had been elected as a committee member in my church fellowship (responsible for promoting spiritual growth, yeah God just LOVES irony). And since then I had held this post for 3 consecutive years. THE greatest spiritual growth in my life occurs in the first year, the second year is quite ok, since then it's on a downhill course.

Guess what happens today? I am elected to be the chairperson in the fellowship committee. What exactly is God planning now?? I've been thinking of writing a spiritual journal for some time. It seems to me a good time to start one now, to record God's work on my life. (And a change in the layout of MSN space further pushed me into the decision of starting this new blog.)

Hope my work for God this year can stop being routine, and God can use whatever to shape me the way He wants me to be. (I just hope things don't go too bad. God loves using disasters on stubborn people like me.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"God loves using disasters on stubborn people like me." Haha... I like this statement. Somehow I think I'm a stubborn person also. Maybe that's why I feel hard being "taught" by God.

It's intersting to read your article written a year before.

aMy said...

It's interesting for me to read the stuff again. Thank God, there weren't that many disasters in the past year.

I did learn a lot though.