Sunday, February 04, 2007

Forgiveness again...

When I sat down in my church this morning after reading "What's So Amazing About Grace" on the MTR, I had this sudden realisation that I was really annoyed by someone. And I remembered what I read before about the Lord's Supper.

I thought about every person I disliked/hated, and then forgave them. Is it as easy as it sounds? Yes and No.

Yes, because when I told God I forgave every single one of them, I felt this huge sense of relief and peace that I have never experienced before.

No, some of these people I have tried to forgive before, but as time goes by, when you're not aware, anger and bitterness silently creep back.

That's why forgiveness is a matter of constant practice...

One of the colleagues whom I really hate is leaving soon... Even though I prayed for him long ago, it's a pity we never got to help him... sigh...

No comments: