Sunday, January 07, 2007

Morocco Trip

A visit to an Islamic country is incomplete without an introduction to Islamic history. This may be true.

What is more horrible... is that my tour leader decided to tell everyone he's a Catholic! (and he did NOT say that he has not been to church for AGES! until much later.) AND started to talk about stuff from the da Vinci Code as if they are the real truth.

I can't believe this. And also, I can't believe I'm the only Christian among the 32 people in the group.

I can no longer stand it when he is talking about John the Baptist (after telling everyone Jesus was married and John the Baptist did not die as in what the Bible said) and said he's like Isaiah instead of Elijah.

So I STOOD UP and protested!

God put me there for a reason. However, I did not think I have done the best under the circumstances.

I told him my views and asked him to go to church again.

I'll probably send an email to all my tour mates on this subject with another side of the story...

No comments: