Monday, June 04, 2007

Thanksgiving for Lo Ding Short Mission trip

It's always great to go on to short mission trips with fellowship friends because we know each other well (strengths and weaknesses) and we can talk to each other directly (no need to waste time in thinking of a polite way to ask people to do things =P). And not to mention it's fun to be with a group of friends! Just like the old days when we went to camp often.

Every time we were able to experience God's grace and work. And we learnt from our past mistakes. And we have learnt a LOT from our previous pastor.

Although this trip is very different, because of Rev. Hui has left and there's a great change in the style of the trip (not for the better, I'm sorry to say). We learnt to be independent.

From the preparation work of the message of the evangelical meeting to deciding the theme for the evangelical meeting, we could see God's own Hands in it.

Over 20 people decided to accept Jesus as their personal saviour. The one whom I personally talked to had the exact problem I've been talking about in my blog for some time (and I just talked to Mimi about that problem in the van on the way to the church), i.e. I think she really believes in Jesus, but I think she wants to be a Christian because she can only go to heaven this way. I've explained to her that she needed to let Jesus be her master, she accepted, but I know her reason behind is more likely to be due to her wanting to be "saved". I really don't know what to do in situations like this. I don't think I'm in a place to judge her motive anyway. This is exactly why I think we need to change the whole way of presenting the Gospel. I've tried to explain to her the many other aspects of Gospel, I really don't know if she "heard" what I said because she was too preoccupied with her own ideas.

As some of you may know, I have always been called to teach rather than to do evangelical work. That is why the experience of teaching Sunday school moved me. This is not the first time I've taught Sunday school in China. However, this time every pupil was attentive and responsive, you can see their love in the Bible. If only we cherished our Bible like them. Then maybe evangelicals may have more hope.

No comments: