Sunday, March 18, 2007

Difficulty of sermons...

Today, the pastor emphasized the fact that his sermons are VERY hard to be understood. He told us to jot down notes because we would never get his points otherwise...

Well, I think these older people always underestimate us. They think we're still like the generation 30 years ago. Now everyone can go to secondary school, many have college degrees, and you're still talking in primary school level, (it's ok, coz I know there're Christians of different levels in one church, but don't expect us to be awed by your depth... =P Please...)

Then when I got home, I got a call from a colleague of mine who's attending my church. He wanted to borrow the tapes of the guy's sermons and asked me if they'll be available. (I guess it must be good to him.) And he asked me why the one we all hated are leaving...

Which illustrated my point before... God really use different people. As much as we liked to think certain people are our enemy, they are not...

How can other churches do it? Balance the difficulty of sermons...

I'm glad that my friend seemed to be actively seeking God more! Which reminds me again to organise another cell meeting...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though I agree that his messages were not difficult, it somehow reminds us the basic belief that I tend to forget easily. Don't know why, I was touched and much impressed.

Unknown said...

ha...don't you feel odd why he got your phone no? i initially thought you are referring to the ppl who left our workplace. but now i guess they are ppl from your church. btw, i guess this church fren is willing to share with us. i had a very short chat with him on msn this afternoon. =)

aMy said...

Pui, I think his sermon consisted of Biblical truths, which is more than what I can say for certain ppl...

but I think there should be a mix of sermons of different level of difficulties, the more mature Christians are all starving to death...

but I am very glad that my colleague and you found the sermon useful,it showed how God really works in our church

aMy said...

Michelle,

I'm talking about SYF

He got my phone no, coz I gave it to him last time I invited him to fellowship...

Unknown said...

yea, i know it is SYF. anyway, he seems to have a lot to say. ha...and he wanna go out to private! have he mentioned this to u?

aMy said...

Michelle,

No bor... one more??????!!!!!!!!!!!! He was eating when I called him, so he's in hurry to end the call... hmm...

Chislon said...

and he doesn't give sermon outlines?

aMy said...

He didn't actually distributed the written outlines, but his sermon was quite simple, he repeated the 7 points himself again and again, though even he sometimes forgot the points in the middle...