Sunday, October 29, 2006

A new call

A few days ago I was reminded of my work for God during a conversation with a friend. I can't see exactly where I'm going. (General direction, yes. Precisely, no. I've always felt a deep desire and call to serve God by teaching God's word. I've been working hard in this direction, e.g. studying, teaching for some time.)

A lesson again. Not to complain unless you expect God to answer.

Yesterday, a colleague of mine called me because of her wife's difficult labour. And he asked me to pray for her. He has been in a difficult time for a while. Afterwards, I met several group of my friends and talked about various subjects and various people. Oh no, I almost forgot, things started right after I left home, I ran into an old friend of mine who hasn't been to church (other than for weddings) in almost 10 years.

My eyes were opened. Suddenly all at once, not just my colleague, the needs of several people were revealed before me. As if a veil has been lifted. I saw so many things in one day. I knew I was called by God to help.

I have always knew my vocation was to serve believers, to make them know their God and their religion more. And experience the depth of Christianity. However, when I saw so many Christians in need of God IN ONE SINGLE DAY, I was really sad. Christians should be with God already. Why so many are still struggling?

I knelt down and prayed and cried last night. I asked God to grant me the wisdom to tell all these people what they need to know. And share with them all I have learnt from Him.

Now I know why God has put me at this point at this time. At least I think I know. Maybe more will be revealed later.

No comments: