Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Why should I become a Christian?- I guess it can be "Why did I become a Christian (Part 4)?"

I remember trying to explain to my secondary school classmates why they should believe in Jesus? And then one said, "I am happy on my own, I don't need Jesus." We often think non-believers need Jesus, they have an emptiness inside, but many of them don't think they have.

Read more about this in the internetmonk blog.

And also an article from Times Online.

Nevertheless, young people do not feel disenchanted, lost or alienated in a meaningless world. “Instead, the data indicated that they found meaning and significance in the reality of everyday life, which the popular arts helped them to understand and imbibe.” Their creed could be defined as: “This world, and all life in it, is meaningful as it is,” translated as: “There is no need to posit ultimate significance elsewhere beyond the immediate experience of everyday life.” The goal in life of young people was happiness achieved primarily through the family.

...

“We live in an instant culture, which cannot be reached by instant missionary tactics.” And the desire for happiness is valid and should not be criticised by clergy. “It can only be outclassed by a Christ-like way of life, for in him alone is true happiness to be found.”

No comments: