Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Money...

I have recently lost some money on investments, I was quite unhappy about the whole thing. It is just so easy to think that when you do something good, you’re more likely to be blessed. Like all humans, whenever bad things happen one tends to ask why (not necessarily as a complaint towards God. Then I realized I have been really preoccupied with money these days, thinking about the possibility of buying a house later, I have spent a lot of time thinking about money and stuff. Maybe this is a reminder from God for me.

I was still unhappy, but less so, then on Sunday, two firemen died while rescuing people from the huge blaze at Mongkok, I couldn’t help but think what’s more important, life or money, then I remember money is not really important.

I also realized the drop in the prices of commodities and foreign currencies are actually good (well not for me, but for the poor people who can barely feed themselves around the world, and I just realized these people are the ones who need the money, not me.

And I also read this post over at Jesus Shaped Spirituality. We should think about how we use our money as Christians.

Matthew 6
[19] "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal,
[20] but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal.
[21] For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

No comments: