Tuesday, December 11, 2007

10 Ways To Deconstruct Your Faith

Whenever I started to talk about how we're "spreading the Gospel" the wrong way, people asked me what I think the right way is, honestly, I think I'm still exploring to find a better way, but this is good...

From 10 Ways To Deconstruct Your Faith

10.) Count conversations not conversions.

Gone are the days of evangelism by sales pitch, or at least I/we hope so! Deconstruct your view of sharing the gospel by simply counting the amount of spiritual conversations you have with people about THEIR faith journey, thoughts of God and life, opinion of Jesus, view of the world and how to restore it, and whatever else peaks there interest. The point is not to sell Jesus like a vacuum and obsess over the amount of conversions you have, but rather move into a posture of dialog and conversation.

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

thanks amy! I hope my words sparked some new thoughts in you and give you freedom in the midst of sharing the good news of restoration through Jesus.

I wrote a follow-up post on evangelism that you might be interested in...though I didn't come over to comment to advert my post:) Anyway, thanks again for linking...

-jeremy
novuslumen.net

aMy said...

Jeremy,

I have read your post on evangelism just now, and I agree discipleship is much more important than evangelism, and I like your example of colonialism vs sustainable development. =)