Saturday, December 16, 2006

Obligation? Love?

This year, I tried to encourage my fellowship committee members to have a good spiritual life with God in order to serve Him well. You need to love God in order to serve Him.

Today, I spent like 3 hours preparing for praise leading tomorrow in the children's service... And honestly, I feel this to be more like an obligation than love for God.

Without love, can I do this? It's certainly a boring thing, preparing powerpoints and what I'm going to say... preparing the music...

I can't help but recall what my fav writer Diana Gabaldon wrote in Drums of Autumn when Roger was trying to decide whether to stay because Brianna was pregnant and the baby might not be his, because she was raped.

"Obligation? Love? How in hell could you have love without obligation?"

No comments: