Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt (Anne Rice)

I had just finished reading this book, the best part of the book for me is the author's note. To read my opinion on the book, click here.

Anne Rice had been a Catholic when she was very young, and then left church at 18, and later on married an atheist. She is famous for her vampire novels, e.g. Interview with the Vampire (starring Tom Cruise in the movie version)

She detailed in the end of the book, how the quest for the history of 1st century, drew her back to God. What she saw in the research for the book is very interesting. Though I need no proof for the existence of Jesus, I'm glad to know she found the skeptics' view unfounded. (I had no time to go through all these research materials myself.)

And it is really true that God calls us in the best way. He really sees us. (Just like the sermon I heard earlier.) And knows us. God, Thank you.

No comments: